Droid lovers:

Friday, 18 July 2014

UPDATE - resolution

UPDATE - Today, I asked the guy who currently has my 3PO head for a refund and to return it.

After a discussion, he has agreed to retunr the head minus the cost of sending it back (which I offered to pay) and he's refunded me my money.

So while I'm disappointed that it didn't work out, I'm glad that the whole business has been resolved amicably.

'Thank the Maker!'

Thursday, 17 July 2014

C-3P woe.

Apologies for the lack of updates but there's not alot more to say.

On 23rd June, I was told that the head WAS molded up but apparently the last person (the guy who took £200 off me and did half a job) messed it up so badly that the silicone he used as a release agent had (quote)  "acted like a glue. It's not as bad as the last mould, but I'm going to have to clean the lot off and start again. A real pain in the ass."

I asked how long it'd take to redo:

"It'll take a few hours. I'm going to try and do it this week"  - that was 23rd June. It's now 17th July and no word. It's been around 9, almost 10 months since I paid for the job and handed the head over. I'm as sympathetic as the next guy, and I know how creative people can get bogged doen with everyday stuff, but for a job that takes a few hours, ten months and a lot of  'I'll get onto it soon'-s is a bit much to get excited about.

I'm speechless really. this head is cursed. I'm so despondent that I admit  to wanting to sell the entire suit, give the contributors their money back and forget the entire dream. And believe me, I might just do that.

The model shop guys have been great, doing the back box mods for me and they called me to ask what was next. I don't know what to do next. To add to that my weight has gone up thanks to falling off the diet and exercize wagon. Where I once was 151 lbs, I'm now 170. 

Though I have done the X trainer today and for the last 2 days. Also taking it easy on the calories.


Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Update 23rd April 2014

Okay, well, time has moved on... it's been a month since I was told my head would be molded, and so far no news. I paid for it last year and so far I've seen a few things coming out of the workshop...but not mine. Hoping for an update as son as poss.

Three months left until deadline and if I'm honest, I'm not confident at all. Even if everything was fitting and sanded and ready for painting *now*, I'm not sure how long it'd take to get it over to the company and wait for the parts to be painted. Then I'd have to go get them and do a final assembly - adding padding, straps and such.

Right now, I don't have a head. Let alone one that fits me.

Ah well.

I'm soldiering on. Going over to the model guys today, for a look at the back and back box panel. I'll take some smaller parts over too, for a once over by the pros.

After that, I'm preparing for a week in Tunisia to give a talk with theTunisian Office Of TOurism and 'Star Wars Tunisia' Group. 

Then I'm back and I'll organise some kind of 'armour party' where I can try it all on with help and *maybe* get some parts sanded?

Monday, 14 April 2014

Update 14.04.2014

Quick update.

Done the wires. Will call inhelp to cut the belly mat when I have a chance to put the suit on.

Had a message from the prop guys - they would like me to come in for some more work. Awesome!

No word from head moulding guy but he's making moulds now, so I expect to hear something soon as he promised me he'd be moulding my head at this stage.

Going to try and compile a list of parts and greeblies that I'm currently missing - it's not a lot - next week. Once I know all that's left, I can buy em and then prepare for golding up.

DESPERATELY NEED A TEST FITTING to help me ascertain my diet progress and any further tweaks to the major parts.

Major purchases ahead:

  • scratch-resistant bags (fleece)
  • Voice kit
  • Spraychroming.

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

deadlines approaching!

Star Wars: Episode VII will release in theaters on December 18, 2015.

Disney and Lucasfilm are excited to announce that principal photography on Star Wars: Episode VII, directed by J.J. Abrams, will commence May 2014, and will be based at London's historic Pinewood Studios.  

(from Starwars.com) 

--And I hope to be ready for that!!! Expect more updates soon, as I commence more work on 3PO.

Monday, 24 February 2014

Weight Update

So I've been doing a bit more Xtrainer last week and on the food front, I had a few big social events that involved lots of BAD (but bloody tasty!) meals.

Weighed myself  today - 168.0 again.... no change form last time. Oh well, it's better than being heavier, I suppose.

This week ahead sees me doing two Jack Sparrow appearances on Monday and Weds, then Comic Con for two days on the coming weekend. I know that weekend will probably involve long periods of being hungry, with big meals in the evening, so I'm going to do my best to hit the xtrainer for a decent period - hopefully back up to 180 cals (45 minutes) per day and eat carefully all week to allow for the weekend's excesses.

I also plan to pop down to see the model shop, as they've now got the inner tray for the back section. After that's fitted, it'll be time to look at the legs, hands and the nightmare area - the ABS shorts.

The Metaverse book is pretty much done, so hopefully I can do some more on this gorram suit now!